The Personnel Unit is managed by the Director of Support Services - Personnel. The Unit is staffed with Administrative Services Assistants and clerical staff that manage the Sheriff’s Office Personnel Unit's daily operations. The Personnel Unit is responsible for:
- Processing Human Resource transactions, which includes hiring, promotion/demotion and separation actions, and employee relations, as well as issuing employee identification cards.
- Managing Long-Term Leave, Family Medical Leave, and Military and Temporary Modified Duty Programs.
- Coordinating Worker's Compensation and serving as a liaison with Risk Management.
- Overseeing all Office of the Sheriff recruitment, both sworn and non-sworn.
- Managing the preparation of
personneldocuments and maintenance of personnel records.
- Supervising the maintenance of the Office of the Sheriff's position control system.
- Processing personnel transactions.