Using the Online Citizen Reporting System allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the report for free. The incident must have occurred within the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office jurisdiction (unincorporated CCC), or within one of the following contract cities: Danville, Lafayette, or Orinda.
Answer the following to find out if online citizen report filing is right for you:
- Is this an emergency?
- Are there any known suspects?
- Did this occur on a state freeway?
If you answered no to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered yes to any of the questions, please look at our Online Citizen Report Frequently Asked Questions section. Please be sure to allow pop-ups from this website before filing the report.
Note: All AOL users must allow emails coming from CaContraCostaCountySo@coplogic.com. Report confirmation emails may be blocked by AOL's spam filter.
Upon completion of the report, you will:
- See the words "Your online report has been submitted" showing that your report is complete.
- Be given a report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- FILING A FALSE CRIME REPORT IS A CRIME.