Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Q: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?

A: If your incident is an emergency, call 9-1-1.  If it is a non-emergency, call (925) 646-2441.


Q: What if this happened in another city?  Can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?

A: No.  If a crime took place outside of the jurisdiction of the Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff or its contract city agencies, please call the police department for that city (click here for links to other agencies).


Q: What if this happened on a state freeway?

A: If the incident took place on a state freeway, please call the California Highway Patrol office nearest you.


Q: What is a known suspect?

A: A known suspect is when you, or someone else, knows the person, or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) was in.